Patterns

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rings and more rings

Ever since I covered one in the spring I've been crazy about covering cabone rings. Then I saw these cute gold rings at Michael's and had to have them. I just knew that I could make something fun.
Obviously I couldn't cover all that goldy goodness with tatting. So I pulled out those ugly plastic cabone rings that I could hide under some fun thread. Then I started with a simple pattern and this is what I got:

I'm almost done since only 10 gold rings came in the package.

4 comments:

  1. I love carbone rings! SO much fun. I like what you have done with yours! : ) Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!
    I have a book on it and have yet to actually do it and make up some of my own patterns and stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snazzy! I've been eyeing some heart shapes at the craft store that would be perfect for that.

    P.S. I'm having a blast doing you bangle pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still hooked too on covering rings, but love your necklace so pretty and unusual

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......