🎉Cheers 🎉 to everyone in the official day of 💘! I feel like its creeped up one me. I don't have a moment for tatting today but here's a quick peak at the new design I'm tatting. I thought it would be done by Valentine's Day but alas no luck. There's so many heart designs out there, what's your favorite?💗💗💗💗💗
Friday, February 9, 2018
The Elements CAL is at week 10 but I'm only done to week 5. This project has been a load of fun and I'm very thankful to Hooks and Yarn for hosting the CAL on their facebook group and to Sandra Kuijer for sharing her design. Its larger than it looks in the picture and I'm thinking the next few rounds will start to be slow. The original design is in the Scheepjes Stonwash which is a great cotton yarn. I am doing mine in Patons Canadiana because that's my favorite acrylic yarn and I had a gift certificate.
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Wednesday, November 29, 2017
I can't find the template to share with you but I made these a few years ago. I was initially concerned that they would pull apart but they've stood the test of time. Here's the basic plan:
1. Use fusible webbing to iron 2 peices of fabric together
2. Cut out triangles
3. Use pin to make holes along edge...about 3-5mm from edge.
4. Load ball thread with beads and then put 1 yard on Shuttle CTM.
5. If you are adding a clasp then start by joining to clasp.
6. Lock Stitch 20 to 30 stitches.
7. Add paperclip to shuttle thread
8. Tat 4 ds then join to top of triangle
9. Tat 7ds picot 7 ds join to next hole....repeat around triangle adding bell like in pic if you choose.
10. After last join to triangle tat 4ds then remove paperclip and join to the space held by the paperclip.
11. Add start if needed and hide ends.
Now you don't have to do this exactly as i've done it but I wanted to share the recipee.
Sunday, October 1, 2017
Just now as I was doing my usual tour of crafty blogs guess what I found? Crabby, the sugar skull pattern ( my pattern) featured on Needle Work!
Which is Awesome...
...except its my most belligerent post ever. That's why he's called crabby... lol!