Patterns

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Fixing a cut picot..

I cut a picot by accident on my Renulek Spring Napkin 2016.  This happened when I was careless about putting the doily away after tatting on it.  It was fairly stable so I debated about leaving it alone but finally decided to fix it.  Here are the steps I took to do this:
1.  I unpicked the ball thread from the core thread so I have a small tail on either side of the core thread.

2.  I pull a length of thread and used a needle to wrap the stitches around the core thread starting from the left.  I left a length of thread so I could come back and sew in the new ends.  Apparently I didn't take a photo of that.  I covered the short tail on the left at the same time.

3.  Join to the ring in the next row by going through the stitches that made the original join
Then I stitched in the new right sided tail

5.  Then I went back and sewed in the new left handed tail.

I'm sorry I didn't take more pictures of that.  I thought I was taking too many pics at the time.

Good news, I made a mistake a few rows back in the Renulek 2019 so I can take more pics of fixing mistakes without cutting back.....
Cut Picot


Ball thread removed
Core thread still intact
all fixed....

5 comments:

  1. very clever way to fix a cut picot. I don't know how I would react these days if it happened to me;) Beautiful choice of colors too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easier than expected. Just took a minute to think it through.

      Delete
  2. So clever! I missed the second 6 ds on a “6ds p 6ds” chain a row back in my 2019. Probably couldn’t use this to solve because the core thread would be too short...

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......