Patterns

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Found!

My siblings and I are always having a "Who's most like Grandma" contest.  Don't get us wrong, we love her but she has some definite habits.  I think I've just won!
Almost a year ago I drove to my Mom's house and took along a pattern I was working on.  I was using a lovely hand dyed thread that inspired the pattern.  Some time during that weekend I lost the doily and have been looking for it ever since!  I looked in my house, in my mom's house and in my car.  No dice.  In fact, when my mom's basement flooded this fall I took the opportunity to look for it again. 
Well, I finally found it in a bag of flannel in a drawer.   I was going to use the flannel to make a receiving blanket but never did.  Grandma always bought material with the intention of making something and she always shoved things into bags.  When ever she sent something home it was in a bag, in a bag and in a bag (3 bags).  So there's the doily in a random bag, shoved into a bag. Hmmm.

missing doily pinned flat after a year spent rolled up in a ball.


2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about miss placing things! But it does feel good when you find it later!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go and there is much rejoicing from several different corners of Tat Land.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......