Poor dragon lost his head and
has to hide until it regenerates!
I've been tatting Anne Bruvold's Norwegian Dragon pattern for the last 2 weeks. It met with early disaster when I missed a ring and then horrors of horrors ran out of thread doing the head. Poor dragon had his head cut off for a week!
I persevered and finally found him a head. I was really tempted at one time to pretend it was a side profile and skip the other wing. During the process I learned I never have to worry about SSSRs coming undone, they are pretty hard to cut apart. I'm thinking in a regular pattern that ends with a ring you could substitute a SSSR and just cut the thread where it comes out. I used Yarnplayer's Pizazz thread and I love the vivid colors. I think I might try doing Anne's Sea Horse Dragon next. You find this pattern and a bunch of others at: http://nuperelle.net/Sammensatt/HjerterEng.htm.