Patterns

Friday, May 22, 2009

Pentagons done!

So I am finally finished with my pentagon doily pattern that I showed a few months ago. I have had failed experiments with pentagon shaped motifs before. There's always a point when I don't know what to do next. I tried to look up more information about pentagons on Wikipedia but it got complicated very quickly:

The term pentagon is commonly used to mean a regular convex pentagon, where all sides are equal and all interior angles are equal (to 108°). Its Schläfli symbol is {5}. The chords of this pentagon are in golden ratio to its sides.
The area of a regular convex pentagon with side length t is given by

A
pentagram or pentangle is a regular star pentagon. Its Schläfli symbol is {5/2}. Its sides form the diagonals of a regular convex pentagon - in this arrangement the sides of the two pentagons are in the golden ratio.
When a regular pentagon is inscribed in a circle with radius R, its edge length t is given by the expression


There were some equations that didn't copy over but you get the picture. Its a complicated shape. I solved my problem by adding in another shape- some hearts (which I think look like chubby cheeks). Anyways, I happy with the result which by the way, formed another pentagon!


2 comments:

  1. It looks pretty! Love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have done really well with putting this doily together. I DO like the negative space too!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......