Patterns

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Round Robin Exchange




This is the bookmark I sent M. Eliana for April. I sent it out a few days late. I finished the bookmark part but felt it wasn't quite ready yet. I wasn't sure why...just it wasn't right. That weekend I went to the Hector Tatting seminar and found an Oak leaf charm at Debbie Arnold's table. In the fall, the oak leaves turn green and yellow which is the color of the bookmark. It just seemed to finish it off nicely. The thread is something I picked up at a needlework show a couple of years ago, I really like it. Its hand dyed silk but unfortunately, the person who dyed the silk stopped! I liked tatting with this thread and I loved the color combinations. At the time I bought it I had no money to buy more, in fact I shouldn't have bought anything. I wish that I had bought one of every color she had available.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful bookmark! Is the pattern available? I'd love to tat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right .... the charm adds the finishing touch although it would look just as nice without IMHO

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......