Patterns

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Stumpy Corn Cob

A few years ago I was tatting a lot of the Stumpy bookmark by Kersti Anear. This is a classic pattern and strangely enough it was the first time I tatted it. I used Kerry Solomon's Hand dyed and thread the combo of the thread with pattern reminded me of a corn cob. I started to fiddle around to see if I could add a husk to the pattern to make it look more like a corn cob. I think I was sucessful. It sat for awhile and finally in August I asked Kersti If it was ok to share the addition to the pattern. Kersti immediately said yes. Its taken me a couple of months fiddling around but I finally have a usable pattern. There is no advanced techniques in this project other than a slt and do not reverse work. (other versions were more complicated)
A big Thank You to Kersti Anear for allowing me to share the addition.
 
To make this pattern you need to tat the Stumpy Bookmark by Kersti Anear but change Ring B to : 5 p 7 p 7 p 5 The pattern can be found here: http://www.kersti.com/2021/01/28/stumpy-tatted-bookmark-pattern/ 
 
Terms: R- ring, C- chain, tw-turn work, slt- shoe lace trick, + - join, p- picot, lj- lock join 

Corn Husk Addition 
Shuttle- 2.5 yards on shuttle, needles: normal tail 
R1 1 p 1 
C 14 
R2 4 + (p between rings on middle trefoil) 4 
C 12 
R3 4 + (p between next ring and end trefoil) 4 C 12 
R4 4 + (p between large and small ring on end trefoil) 4 
C 12 
R5 4 + (p on large ring) 4 
C 12 
R6 4 + (p between large and small ring on end trefoil) 4 
C 12
R7 4 + (p between next ring and end trefoil) 4 C 12 
R8 4 + (p between rings on middle trefoil) 4 
C 14 slt tw 
R9 1 p 1 Do not reverse work 
C slt 15 
R10 4 + (above previous ring) 4 
C 10 
R11  4 + (above next ring) 4 
C 12 
R12  4 + (above next ring) 4 
C  16 
R13  4 + (above next ring) 4 
C  12 
R14  4 p 4 
C  6 p 6 lj (p on previous ring) 12 
R15  4 + (same as R13) 4 
C  16 
R16  4 + (above next ring) 4 
C  12 
R17  4 + (above next ring) 4 
C  10 
R18  4 +(above next ring) 4 
C  15 Join to beginning

6 comments:

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......