Patterns

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Let's Pretend You Are At Palmetto Tatdays 2018

Hi everyone!  I'm winging my way down to the Palmetto Tatdays on Sept 6-9 and it looks like its going to be a fantastic weekend!  I know not everyone can attend so I'm inviting you to share in the fun and pretend you are there tatting with the rest of us.  
The way to play along is tat any design by a present or past teacher at the Palmetto Tatdays then send me a picture or a link or share it in my comments section below. 
To make this easy I'm sharing the pattern I've put in the grab bags at Palmettos.  Its called the Tatty Square Ice Drop.  I have been a past teacher and so this pattern qualifies. 

You will need size 20 thread, a shuttle and a gem that is 12mm square.  I found sticker gems at the Dollarama that come in strips on a sheet and I either pulled off the glue or stuck them together to make the center stone.  If you look at the Dollar Tree in the stationary or craft section you should be able to find them.  I'm giving you the week's notice to find the gem.  
I used Karey Solomon's Hand Dyed Thread for this sample.


A tutorial for the Tatty Square ice drop is also available on Youtube https://youtu.be/M6R_otq1TDc

Don't forget to send me a picture (email victats@gmail.com) or comment in the comment section when you participate.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you this should be fun!😀🌹😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be at Tat Days! See you there. Your pattern is lovely.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm absolutely intrigued with this beautiful square gem ice drop (wonderful colors)! I realized I have seen those square gems somewhere but would never have thought of encapsulating them. How clever of you to devise a method using three picots, which holds the square securely on both sides.

    You are not only sharing the pattern (with diagrams) but also have created the excellent Youtube! This is so generous of you! Thanks so much for going to all that effort!

    I haven't even tatted my first ice drop yet(!) but I might try this one soon. However, first I have to find the gems!

    Hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy now is a great time to start making the ice drops. They're awesome presents.

      Delete
  4. Oh oh must try this, as Kathy says you are so generous. Oh and I so much love Karey's threads what a beautiful combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful idea, pretending to be there :) ok, I'll try, I just need to find the right squared bead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought some 12 mm square cabochons on Amazon! I'll be getting started soon! I won't be at Tat Days this year. I hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I will give it a try. I wish I could be at Palmetto's but something always happens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome design and square Ice Drop!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blue gem is so beautiful!!! Nice tatting around it :-) You must be having tons of fun at the Palmetto's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've put some videos on my facebook timeline. I'll try to put them here in a few days.

      Delete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......