Patterns

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I'm back!

I came back early Sunday morning and was exhausted after a very long day.   The trip was great but I'm glad to be home.  There's only so much time you can spend at a beach.  I took some thread with me to work on but after the first day I didn't get much done. 

Victorian sets
Heather of tatted treasures left a comment in March asking about Victorian sets.  I didn't get a chance to respond before I left.  Victorian sets are when you do 4 first half stitches followed by 4 2nd half stitches.  It creates a chain that can be either straight or curved.  I use them a lot for tails on a bookmark.   Georgia Seitz has a better explanation with pictures and all the different names people use for this stitch.

In other news I'm very excited about the Finger Lakes Tatting Seminar next week.  I'm planning to buy books and replace my tatting needle that fell between the slats of my deck.   So far the books on my list are:

Iris Neibach's tatting fantasia
Karey Solomon's Wandering Wheels
Martha Ess's Playing with Picots
Ginny's New book (tittle not known)
Maybe:  the book with the Peacock that Frivole is tatting


I need to make sure to take the list of Lizbeth colors and mark the ones I need to replenish.  There's not alot of time between now and next Friday.  I'll be at my Mom's house most of this weekend so I won't have time this weekend to get things ready.

2 comments:

  1. You MUST get that peacock book. Mine came in the mail from Germany. (with mail - very good price) I was so surprised when I opened the package - it is a wonderful book. beautifully printed and clear diagrams - who cares if it is in Deutsch! I love it - one of the best books on tatting I have seen.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to get that book with the peacock on it also I guess i should check out the book quickly next weekend! SO i get one!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......