Patterns

Friday, December 10, 2010

Like a little Christmas elf
















The last few weeks I've been working away like a little elf making Christmas themed sun catchers for my sister and mom to give their co-workers for Christmas. I'm done and that's off my plate. If I finish a couple of bookmarks then I've got tatting time to waste! I'm going to waste it with the gingerbread thread I ordered from Tatskool. No idea what to do. But I guess I'll be going with the theme of the thread!
  
 

 The last thread I ordered was from was from Krystledawn.  I have rarely used up a whole skein up hand dyed thread but I used up all of her love potion #9!  It was a fun mixture of greys and purples which became the center of a doily and butterflies...lots of butterflies.  You can't see in the picture but I used grey delica beads that match the grey in the thread.  I was really inspired by this thread and grey is my current favorite color. 
Love Potion # 9 thread by Krystledawne, pattern by me!


4 comments:

  1. Look at all those Christmas stars - those are such nice gifts. I love your butterfly in the Love Potion #9 thread - pretty pattern.

    I had to laugh at your comment on my lefse post - I don't think too many people outside the midwest even know what lefse is! If you were closer, I'd bring you some :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so pretty and festive!
    That really is great-looking thread.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those star-shaped sun-catchers! I've been looking all over the place for a star-shape pattern, but have yet to find any that I like. Is that a personal pattern you made, or is it somewhere I can find it/buy it?

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......