Patterns

Friday, October 14, 2016

Day out...

I had a wandering day today.  I was at meetings this morning and worked for a few hours in downtown Ottawa.  Then I did the short drive over to Wellington St to Wabi Sabi.  I'm not sure what the name means but it is a yarn and weaving store.  It is a lovely place with a nice stash of yarn and spools of thread. I purchased a cotton Cascade yarn called Ultra Pima that I can tat with....I think.  I also picked up a spool of long linen thread in black.  I went back to get it after picking up a delicious sandwhich from Bread By Us across the street. I realised that linen might be good for jewelry.  There's a stiffness to linen but it isn't scratchy.  I was also very excited that they had safety eyes, something not a lot of places carry.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day! Safety eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing your experiments with Ultra Pima. I'm always on the lookout for another thread/yarn that tats well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safety eyes for crochet dools or animals. Hard to find sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......