Patterns

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Success!

A couple of years ago I purchased Aileen's Best Press at a quilt shop.  I read on facebook that some people were using it on doilies between rounds.  They would do a quick block and use the best press on the doilies to add body.  So when I saw it I thought I would try it but it's been sitting in my cabinet since then. 
Recently, I had this pile of ice drops that I really didn't what to do with.  So I decided to block them and test out the best press.  The ice drops were all test tats or experiments so nothing was lost if they were destroyed.  I aldo wanted to see what the best press did to the plastic gems.
So I rinsed the tatting, laid it out in the shape I wanted and sprayed them with the best press. 
I think it was a win.  The dimensional tatting actually held its shape but was still pliable.  The plastic gems werr not damaged by the spray.
I'm really happy with the results.

3 comments:

  1. I've used Best Press on doilies, but haven't tried it with Ice Drops yet. It's nice to know it works well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent your link to a friend who will now try this product on metallic thread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great trial pieces!! :) Great to know about how to block them nicely!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......