Patterns

Monday, October 17, 2016

Lisa's bday present

I made this bracelet using the linen thread I purchased from Wabi Sabi on Friday.  I went back for it after remembering that some people used it for tatting a few years ago.  I liked tatting with it because the linen has a neat feel to it.  However unless you take it slowly it tends to uneven stitches.  I think the result is worth the effort and the feel is unique.  I used onyx beads and a large labradorite bead for the center.

I made the bracelet for my friend Lisa's birthday.  She was having an Axe Throwing Party on Saturday night. (its supervised by trained staff) It got cancelled because on Saturday afternoon Lisa and Heather's dog Begbie herniated a disc...yes dogs can do that.  So they took him to the Alta Vista Animal Hospital where it was found that he needed surgery.  He got the surgery yesterday and is currently in recovery. 

4 comments:

  1. A big apology to Madtatter80 for erasing her comment. My finger hit the wrong spot. It was not intentional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big apology to Madtatter80 for erasing her comment. My finger hit the wrong spot. It was not intentional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bracelet!!! :) I love the beads!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......