Patterns

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Flower power

Since the weather has been warmer I've begun to yearn for spring. I think flowers are the best part of spring because the colors break you out of the winter blahs.

A couple months ago Sharon Briggs posted a challenge on her blog to make something out of the basic rosette pattern. I've mentioned before I love the rosette and often use it as a base for other patterns. So with her challenge in mind, I came up with this flower one weekend. I wanted to see what I could do if I only added one more round. That weekend I made a crap load of flowers for bookmarks. No fancy thread, just some coats size 8 my sister picked up at a yard sale.

3 comments:

  1. I like the square petals on this. Isn't that how dogwood is often pictured?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina you're right except Dogwood has four petals...I think. I wonder if it would still work if I take out a 2 repeats?

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......